Original Parkes Lumber
A few years prior to 1896, E.G. Parkes begins operating as a lumber buyer and broker, selling on consignment to L&N Railroad.
E.G. Parkes Partners
In 1924, E.G. Parkes partners with Charles Ray and Robert Black in the sawmill and retail business operated as “Parkes and Black.”
Renamed “E.G. Parkes and Sons”
“E.G. Parkes and Sons” established in 1928 as a partnership when William Parkes and Edward N. Parkes join the business.
Parkes Lumber Company is founded
In 1946 the business is renamed “Parkes Lumber Company.” During the ensuing years, the Parkes’ partnerships change slightly, but the business owners remain members of the Parkes family.
E.G. Parkes Passes Away
Jim Parkes takes the reigns
Upon settlement of the estate, James Franklin Parkes, Sr. (Jim) purchases the stock belonging to his father. He becomes the primary stockholder in Parkes Lumber Company.
Jimbo Parkes works with his Dad
James Franklin Parkes Jr. (Jimbo) returns from the Navy and works along with his father.
James Franklin Parkes, Sr. Passes Away
Jimbo Purchases Controlling Interest
After the passing of his father, James Franklin Parkes, Jr. (Jimbo) purchases controlling interest in Parkes Lumber Company.
Jimbo’s Nephew Takes Operations
Jay Piovarcy takes over as General Manager in 2003 after moving to Lawrenceburg. He continues to manage the company today.
May of 2020, James Franklin Parkes, Jr. (Jimbo) sells the business to his sister, Judy.
Julia “Judy” Parkes Piovarcy Becomes Sole Owner
Julia “Judy” Parkes Piovarcy becomes the sole owner of Parkes Lumber Company in May of 2020. Judy is the mother of Jay Piovarcy.